PLEASE NOTE: HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
As a dedicated local attorney and an active member of Ducks Unlimited, Steve Duckett is an outspoken proponent of conservation initiatives throughout the country. He believes that it is our responsibility as American citizens to be active stewards of the land that we inherited from our forefathers.
Mr. Duckett supports local efforts to conserve and manage wildlife and natural resources in his home area of Northern Virginia. Whether it’s raising money for wildlife habitat protection, or helping to maintain the trails in Virginia’s numerous state parks, he endorses those who go out of their way to improve and conserve natural areas.
Steve Duckett is proud to sponsor a scholarship and essay contest that contributes to the awareness and the active discussion about natural conservation in the digital age. More than any other generation, the young people who are learning about and taking action on the issues that face our nation’s natural resources are in the best position to make a positive difference and set the tone for generations to come.
The Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates exceptional commitment to natural conservation and environmental stewardship in his or her own community. This $500 scholarship is an opportunity to give back to those who have already given their valuable time and energy to worthy causes.
- All those who apply for the Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship must be in good academic standing with their current educational institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Candidates for this scholarship must be able to demonstrate a commitment to environmental conservation using past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- Candidates must be entering an accredited community college, college, university, or post-graduate program.
Any individuals interested in submitting to the Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship and Essay Contest must be able to provide the following documents in a single submission (See Submission Guidelines):
- An updated resume that highlights the individual’s conservation and natural stewardship accomplishments, listing volunteer, professional, and academic experience.
- A 500-word personal statement explaining the candidate’s dedication to local conservation and detailing the efforts, past and current, he or she has made to contribute to conservation and natural preservation efforts.
- An official transcript from the individual’s current school or educational institution that shows the candidate’s GPA to be 3.0 or greater (NOTE: If you do not have an official transcript available from your current institution, please submit an unofficial transcript, as well as your most recent official transcript from the last school you attended.)
- This cover sheet (link opens in PDF).
The deadline to apply to the Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship is January 31, 2018. The winner of the scholarship will be announced Spring 2018.
Candidates for this scholarship must adhere to the following submissions guidelines:
- Scholarships must be submitted via fax, email, or U.S. mail
- All submissions must be complete and sent as a single unit—partial submissions of any sort will not be reviewed.
Send all scholarship application materials to:
Steve Duckett Local Conservation Scholarship
9119 Church Street
Manassas, VA 20110
Please email any questions and applications to email@example.com.